Common Cosmetic Plastic Surgery Procedures That May Change Your Life
Plastic surgery is a procedure performed to change one’s physical appearance. It can be used to improve how one looks or how one feels about themselves. Many people choose plastic surgery for cosmetic reasons such as improving an unattractive nose or breast size. Other factors that influence the decision for plastic surgery include social status, body image, and self-esteem.
In the United States, plastic surgery is a growing industry. The number of women who undergo cosmetic plastic surgery in Tampa Fl every year has increased by over 120% since 2003. One of the most prominent reasons for this growth is that plastic surgery has become more accessible and less expensive. Not only are there more options available, but the costs have also been dropping as well, making it easier for people to afford plastic surgeries in their lifetime.
Common Cosmetic Plastic Surgery Procedures
Here are the most common cosmetic plastic surgery procedures that can change your life and lift your self-esteem.
- Breast augmentation: The most popular procedure in the world. It is estimated that 4 out of 10 women opt for breast augmentation as a request.
- Liposuction: This surgical treatment can help you remove fat from specific areas of your body like the abdomen, thighs, and hips.
- Botox: Botox is a toxin that disrupts signals between nerve cells in the brain to stop unwanted muscle contractions. It is used by approximately 10 million people worldwide for different reasons like reducing facial wrinkles, pain relief, and improving speech performance.
- Injectable fillers: These are used to plump up lines on your face such as nasolabial folds and forehead lines or help enhance your lips with medical-grade hyaluronic acid filler. The high demand for injectable fillers is because they can be customized to meet individual needs because its effects
- Rhinoplasty: Rhinoplasty, also known as a nose job, is a surgical procedure that reshapes the nose. It is carried out when there is an imperfection in the shape of the nose or when it is not aligned with other facial features.
- Buttock lift: A buttock lift is a procedure to tighten and lift the buttocks. It can be performed using either an incision or liposuction. These procedures can be done in a hospital, as an outpatient, or even at home.
- Facial implants or soft tissue augmentation: is a surgical procedure that can be used to enhance a person’s facial profile. It can make the face appear slimmer and more defined by removing excess skin, fat, or tissue from the jawline.
- Facelift (rhytidectomy): A facelift is a cosmetic surgical procedure where tissue is removed from the face and replaced with a new, healthy layer of tissue. This surgery can be used to undo or reverse the effects of aging. The timing, length, and severity of facelifts are determined by a variety of factors that depend on the surgeon’s preferences as well as an individual’s age, health, and facial structure.
Read also: How the Winter Season Helps You Lose Weight
Controversies of Plastic Surgery
Most of the time, people have used plastic surgery to improve their body’s appearance. However, there are controversies of plastic surgery that surround this topic. In recent years, there has been a rise in surgical procedures to change one’s gender through plastic surgery. There are also controversies over the potential long-term effects of these surgeries that are still unknown and understudied today.
What is the impact of these controversies to the plastic surgery industry?
For decades, plastic surgery has had a significant impact on society. It’s been used by men and women to change their physical appearances, boost self-confidence, and improve their ability to perform at work. However, these concepts are challenged as more research is being done on the positive and negative effects of surgery.